Awards and Recognition
Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies
The prestigious Inc. 5000 list, produced every year since 1982, celebrates the fastest-growing privately held businesses in America. Eriksen was named to the 2022 list, recognizing the company’s three-year revenue growth of more than 100 percent. This is the 5th time in its 36-year history that Eriksen has appeared on the Inc. 5000 list.
“I am thrilled to be honored by Inc. as one of the 5000 fastest-growing companies. Eriksen Translations is rooted in a love of language and a drive to help people of all backgrounds communicate,” states Vigdis Eriksen, Founder & CEO. “It’s an honor to work with people who share my vision. I attribute our growth to my amazing team – the most talented linguists in the industry and a driven staff that is laser focused on providing our clients with the best possible service.”
CSA Research Top 100 LSPs in the World and Top 30 LSPs in North America
In 2022, independent market research firm CSA Research included Eriksen on two industry lists: the Top 100 Language Service Providers in the World and Top 30 Language Service Providers in North America. These annual rankings are the result of the language industry’s most comprehensive, large-scale survey of the language services and translation technology market.
Based on 2021 verified revenues, CSA Research ranked Eriksen as the 95th largest language service provider in the world and the 24th largest in North America. This is the 8th year Eriksen has appeared in the CSA rankings.
Eriksen Translations has been 100% independently woman owned and operated since its founding in 1986. The company is certified as a woman-owned business enterprise (WBE) by the following organizations:
· Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) – certificate
· New York City – certificate
· New York State – certificate
· Port Authority of NY & NJ
WBEC Metro New York Done Deals
Each year, WBEC Metro New York, a WBENC regional partner organization, holds the Done Deals Challenge competition to celebrate and publicize business conducted between WBEs and WBEC Metro NY corporate sponsors, as well as the public sector.
In 2021, Eriksen was presented with the WBEC Access New York State Award at the organization’s Virtual Annual Breakthrough Breakfast. The award honors the WBE that reported the most Done Deals with the State of New York during the challenge period. Eriksen was also named as a finalist for three additional awards, the Access New York City Award, the WBE Champion Award, and the WBE Connections Award.
The number of Done Deals awards earned over the years attests to Eriksen’s leadership as a woman-owned business and the strong relationships forged with clients. A full list is below.
· 2021: Access New York State Award for the most deals with New York State
· 2019: Access New York City Award for the most deals with the City of New York
· 2017: Done Deals Champion Award for the most deals with WPEO Corporate Members
· 2013: Access New York City Award for the most deals with the City of New York
· 2011: WBE Leadership Award for the most deals overall
· 2011: Access New York State Award for the most deals with New York State
· 2009: WBE Leadership Award for the most deals overall
· 2009: Access New York State Award for the most deals with New York State
· 2008: Access New York City Award for the most deals with the City of New York
· 2007: WBE Leadership Award for most deals with WPEO corporate sponsors and certified WBEs
· 2006: Second place in the inaugural Done Deals Challenge for deals with WPEO corporate sponsors and certified WBEs
Vigdis Eriksen IWEC Award Winner
The International Women’s Entrepreneurial Challenge Foundation (IWEC Foundation) provides market intelligence, networking, educational, and mentoring opportunities for successful women business owners. In 2014, Vigdis Eriksen was honored as an IWEC awardee at the annual IWEC Conference held in Stockholm, Sweden. Vigdis was among 32 women from around the world who were recognized for their achievements in business development, revenue, market penetration, and innovation.
Business Owner’s Council Best Company Culture Award
The Business Owners Council was a membership organization for entrepreneurs that created opportunities for council members to discuss business strategies with other engaged, proactive business owners. In 2016, Eriksen received the Business Owner’s Council’s top award for Best Company Culture, presented at the organization’s End of Year Bash and Member Awards Dinner.