Woman-owned Business Enterprise
Eriksen Translations has been 100% independently woman owned and operated since its founding in 1986. The company is certified as a woman-owned business enterprise (WBE) by the following organizations:
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) – certificate
- New York City – certificate
- New York State – certificate
- Port Authority of NY & NJ
supplier diversity programs
Many government agencies and socially conscious organizations embrace inclusive approaches to procurement by creating opportunities for diverse suppliers. The first corporate supplier diversity programs were launched in the fifties and sixties, and such initiatives have been gaining traction ever since. Today, supplier diversity programs result in many long-term, mutually beneficial relationships between hiring organizations and minority- and women-owned businesses (M/WBEs). Such partnerships can have a significant economic impact on disadvantaged communities, fueling job creation and economic growth.
supplier diversity is good for business
In addition to many social benefits, supplier diversity leads to increased efficiency and innovation. M/WBEs benefit their partners by supporting a wide range of organizational goals and values.
- Diverse suppliers position companies to better reach untapped markets and new demographic segments.
- At a time where flexibility is desirable, increasing diversity helps supply chains become more agile and resilient to changing markets.
- Because diverse businesses are often smaller, they are more adaptable than larger companies, and they are better able to ramp up and pivot to changing business needs.
- An inclusive procurement strategy broadens the pool of suppliers, which can result in higher quality and competitive pricing.
At Eriksen, we are inspired by the tenacity and success of so many diverse business owners, and we applaud the many government agencies and corporations with strong commitments to supplier diversity. As a woman-owned business, we help our clients meet their goals and maintain robust supplier diversity programs.
supporting diversity and inclusion
At Eriksen, we are proud that our role as a language service provider allows us to support a multicultural, multilingual society. Translation helps individuals who do not speak English as their first language to fully engage in the workplace, access arts and cultural resources, and participate in their communities.
We support diversity and inclusion both within our staff and among the translators who are the backbone of our business. We are proud to have a staff that is 62% women and 42% minority.
By its nature, the language industry requires diversity of thought, background, culture, and geography. To support a wide range of languages and subject matter, we partner with linguists living and working around the world. Our translators are rooted in diverse locales, and bring not only linguistic expertise, but varied perspectives and skill sets to support the work that we do.