With the steady growth of our country’s multicultural population, city and state governments find an increasing need to translate into the languages spoken in local communities. Eriksen can help agencies develop the multilingual resources needed to keep residents safe, healthy, and informed.
promoting inclusion and understanding
At Eriksen, we speak New York. Based in Brooklyn since 1986, we are a trusted partner to agencies serving the health and social service needs of New Yorkers with limited English proficiency.
Our diverse team of translators has extensive experience producing culturally sensitive language appropriate for city residents. This work runs the gamut, including public benefits, voting and civic participation, small business assistance, workers’ rights, consumer rights, civil protections, and community resources. In addition to translation and localization, agencies trust Eriksen to perform third-party review, to ensure materials translated by other vendors meet stringent quality standards.
agencies we serve
Our clients support the diverse residents of New York’s many vibrant communities.
- New York City Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- New York City Comptroller’s Office
- New York City Commission on Human Rights
- New York City Office of the Census
- New York City Department of Sanitation
- New York City Department of Social Services
- New York City Housing Authority
- New York City Council
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
- New York State Department of Health
We are proud to support initiatives that help immigrants, promote human rights, and protect the health and safety of New Yorkers. Examples of our work include:
- Translation and typesetting of critical COVID-19 communications for multiple New York City and State agencies.
- Translation of the New York City Census 2020 outreach campaign targeting LEP residents.
- Translation of the New York City Comptroller’s Immigrant Rights and Services Manual into nine languages.
- Localization of interactive anti-sexual harassment training into nine languages for the New York City Commission on Human Rights.
- Translation, typesetting, voiceover, mixing/editing, and subtitling for the nine-episode TV show and workbook series We Are New York, developed by CUNY and the New York City Mayor’s office to help immigrants improve their English language skills.
Download our capabilities statement here.