- Location: Remote
Eriksen Translations is a woman-owned, independent LSP based in Brooklyn, NY, with a footprint that extends throughout North America and beyond. For 37 years, Eriksen has helped clients communicate with domestic and international audiences. Working in more than 100 languages, Eriksen sustains long-term relationships with major companies in finance, insurance, law, creative services, health care, and education, as well as nonprofits, NGOs, and leading museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, Eriksen has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry. Over the past two years, the company has experienced exponential growth and has recently been ranked as “One of North America’s Top 30 Language Service Providers” by CSA Research.
Eriksen Translations seeks a project manager to join our growing team. This is a fully remote position and will bolster our work for clients in a variety of industries. The selected candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of translation projects including the management of quality, cost, and schedules to ensure customer satisfaction.
To succeed in this position, you must be a team player and have a strict eye for detail. With a passion for language and communication, you embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Plan, schedule and manage multiple projects from inception to delivery, ensuring optimal workflow and on-time results.
- Besides translation, projects to be managed include print and multi-media components (desktop publishing, subtitling, voice-over, and e-learning modules, among others).
- Work closely with account managers and participate in kick-off meetings and provide progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including linguists, typesetters, technical support, and QA specialists.
- Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Create and maintain linguistic assets: TMs, glossaries, and style guides.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate professionally with clients on production-related issues when necessary.
- Manage client review process.
- Support sales during new client acquisition and onboarding.
- Three or more years of experience in translation/localization project management. Experience with multi-media formats is a plus.
- College degree in translation, communication, business, technology, or related field.
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English, preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience with CMSs (Plunet, XTRF) and industry-standard CAT tools (memoQ, SDLTrados).
- Experience in multilingual typesetting processes.
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who is also able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Customer service focused with the ability to proactively offer new solutions in anticipation of clients’ changing needs.
- Able to work productively from home.
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
Eriksen Translations is not currently hiring for this position, but if you would like to be considered for future opportunities as a project manager, please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply →