- Location: remote
For 35 years, Eriksen Translations has been a leading provider of multilingual services in more than 100 languages. In addition to translation, Eriksen offers web and multimedia localization, typesetting, interpreting, and transcreation. Eriksen partners with major companies in finance and insurance; law; health care; education, nonprofits and NGOs; NYC and NYS agencies; and museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
Located in downtown Brooklyn, Eriksen offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment. With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, the company has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry.
Eriksen Translations seeks a Project Manager to join our team remotely. In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of translation projects for New York City and State agencies that provide assistance to vulnerable New Yorkers. On a daily basis, you will play a critical role in helping to make public resources and information accessible to New Yorkers with limited English proficiency.
To succeed in this position, you must be a team player with a strict eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects in many languages at a time. With a passion for language and communication, you embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, plan, schedule and manage multiple projects in many languages, ensuring same or next-day delivery.
- Besides translation, projects to be managed include typesetting and accessibility components.
- Meet with the production team for kick-off meetings and progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including linguists, typesetters, technical support, and QA specialists.
- Communicate regularly with the vendor manager and assist with vendor communications and negotiations. Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Oversee TMs in memoQ.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate professionally with clients on production-related issues when necessary.
- Three or more years of experience in translation project management
- College degree in linguistics, communication, business, technology, or related field.
- Experience with memoQ required; experience with XTRF a plus.
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who is also able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English, preferred.
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply →