- Location: remote
For 35 years, Eriksen Translations Inc. has been a leading provider of multilingual services in more than 100 languages. In addition to translation, Eriksen offers web and multimedia localization, typesetting, interpreting, and transcreation. Located in Downtown Brooklyn, Eriksen partners with major companies in finance and insurance, law, health care and education, creative services, nonprofits and NGOs, as well as museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
At Eriksen, we celebrate each person’s unique talents and backgrounds while working towards a shared purpose. We are passionate about the power of communication and its ability to foster community and belonging across different languages and cultures. Our success results from our collaborative spirit, combined expertise, and willingness to go the extra mile.
Eriksen Translations seeks a Project Manager to join our team remotely. The selected candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of translation projects including the management of quality, cost, and schedules to ensure customer satisfaction.
To succeed in this position, you must be a team player and have a strict eye for detail. With a passion for language and communication, you embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, plan, schedule and manage multiple client projects from inception to delivery, ensuring optimal workflow and on-time results.
- Besides translation, projects to be managed include print and multi-media components (desktop publishing, subtitling, voice-over, and e-learning modules, among others).
- Meet with account managers for kick-off meetings and progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including linguists, typesetters, technical support, and QA specialists.
- Communicate regularly with the vendor manager and assist with vendor communications and negotiations. Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Oversee TMs/glossaries.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate professionally with clients on production-related issues when necessary.
- Manage client review process.
- Support sales during new client acquisition and onboarding.
- Three or more years of experience in translation project management, with multi-media experience a plus.
- College degree in linguistics, communication, business, technology, or related field.
- Strong computer skills and experience with CAT tools (memoQ, Trados).
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who is also able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English, preferred.
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented environment.
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply →